Monday, January 24, 2011

Working at Aftercare




           Also during my senior year I worked at an afterschool program at the same elementary school that I interned at. I was an assistant teacher and had to help children with their homework, give them snack, and make sure they followed the rules. My classroom was kindergarten and first grade. Although there was supposed to be another person working with me in the classroom she was often in other classrooms talking to the other people we worked with or she was busy doing her homework. However, this ended up working out well for me because it gave me practice being in charge of the classroom on my own.  Working with kindergartners and first graders everyday for an entire school year led me to decide that I would like to teach children slightly older. I hope to teach either second or third grade someday.  Although it was very chaotic and at times overwhelming I really enjoyed working there and miss it dearly.



No comments:

Post a Comment